TOP 10 FACTS THAT YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT THE EUROPEAN HOT SPOT
1. Montenegro has one of the longest sandy beaches in Europe. “Velika Plaza,” in Ulcinj, is 12.5km long and it’s the most idyllic beach for swimming, kitesurfing and horse riding. Get your friends together and have a game of beach soccer and volleyball, because this spot attracts many for just that!
2. In 1991, Montenegro was officially declared an ecological and protected state – the only one in the world.
4. Montenegro means ‘dark mountain’ and it actually got its name from the dark mountain forests that cover the land.
5. It’s one of the oldest European states, situated on the Balkans – the crossroads between Europe and Asia.
6. The small country has a population of 627, 987. It’s a unique jewel of the Mediterranean; known for its beautiful raw nature – clear lakes, breath-taking mountains, 117-mile beaches, rivers, gorgeous national parks, rich history and culture.
7. Montenegro’s Bojana River is the only river in the entire world that flows upstream and downstream due to the configuration of the terrain.
8. Sveti Stefan island, where the Aman resort is located, is an interesting phenomenon – it is an island and a peninsula, depending on the level of the sea.
9. The Ostrog monastery, is carved into the mountain and was founded in the 17th century by Saint Basil. It’s one of the most visited shrines in the Christian world, known for its unique location.
10. The Montenegro coastline has been home to many new property developments and resorts. Luxury waterfront residences include Porto Montenegro, Dukley Gardens, Lustica Bay, One & Only and Portonovi.